Verification of the candidate’s identity should be the first check that is undertaken as all other checks will be invalid if the individual’s ID cannot be proven. This policy template details best practice for undertaking an ID check and validating the documentation provided by the candidate. It also covers the address check procdure and is fully compliant with NHS Employers Standards.
The ID check procedure document includes:
- The process your agency uses for validating the authenticity of the documentation provided (including specific methods for checking each type of document).
- Documents and combinations of documents that can be used to verify a candidate’s identity (List 1, List 2 and List 3).
- Combinations of documents that should be used to verify a candidate’s address.
- Checking the identity of refugees & asylum seekers
- Checking the identity of 16-19 year olds
- Audit procedures.
Length of document: 10 pages
Last reviewed / updated: 12.09.19
If you need more information on procedures for checking identify or proof of address for candidates, NHS Employers Standards or compliance processes and procedures for NHS tenders, please contact us on 01688 400319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org£95.00