Title: EBCT 282 – Tender for the Provision of Contingent Workers
Short description: The Council delivers a number of operational frontline services using a skilled in-house workforce. In order to meet fluctuations in service demand and staff absences due to annual leave, sickness and training the Council regularly needs to supplement its own workforce with suitably skilled temporary workers. This mainly applies to the provision of waste collection and green spaces and street scene services where seasonal fluctuations significantly influence demand. Other categories of temporary workers may also be required on occasion. Full details can be found in the invitation to tender documents.
The services covered include, but are not limited to:
- driver loaders – HGV Class II required to drive refuse collection vehicles between 7.5 and 26 tonnes and, when necessary, to handle wheeled bins and load refuse/bulky waste, garden waste and recycling onto refuse collection vehicles;
- driver loaders – non HGV required to drive and load vehicles up to 3.5 tonne such as transit type vehicles. Services include clinical waste collections, difficult access locations and bin delivery;
- refuse loaders – required to handle wheeled bins and load refuse/bulky waste, garden waste and recycling onto the refuse collection vehicle. Duties may also include bin deliveries and repair.
Street scene services
- mechanical road sweeping/precinct sweeping – HGV Class II/non HGV drivers required to drive mechanical road sweepers or precinct sweepers;
- street cleansing operatives – required for sweeping, litter picking, emptying litter/dog bins, fly tipping collection, graffiti removal. Operatives may also be required to drive caged tipper vehicles up to 3.5 tonne;
- cleaners – required for general office cleaning duties.
Green space services
- grounds maintenance operatives — required for general grounds maintenance and planting duties and grass cutting (using tractor and sit down/manual mowers).
The indicative annual total supply hours for temporary staff within Waste Services and Green Space and Street Scene is 64 700 hours broken down as follows:
- refuse driver loaders (HGV and non HGV) — 7 400 hours;
- refuse loaders — 17 400 hours;
- green space and street scene operatives — 38 400 hours;
- cleaners – 1 500 hours.
These hours are indicative and not guaranteed.
Place of performance: South & West Derbyshire
Initial contract period 3 years with the option to extend for up to 2 periods of 12 months.
Indicative contract value is: £868,790 per year, or over the contract term £2,606,370 over the initial 3 year contract term.
Award criteria – quality – 40%, price – 60%
Type of procedure – open procedure
Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate: 12pm, 11th December 2020
Name and addresses
Official name: Erewash Borough Council
Postal address: Town Hall, Ilkeston, DE7 5RP
Contact person: Procurement Department
Telephone: +44 1159072244
The procurement documents are available for unrestricted and full direct access, free of charge, at: https://www.eastmidstenders.org/