The core objective of this process is to appoint a number of preferred suppliers (envisaged to be circa 15) within a framework agreement consisting of 5 lots, to support the recruitment of permanent and fixed term staff into Home Group.
The objective is to significantly improve the commerciality and quality of resourcing of staff via this contract. The contracts awarded as a result of this procurement process will be accessible to all current and future Home Group divisions, business units, subsidiaries and offices located around the UK. The tender will enable Home Group to evaluate the economic and financial standing and the capability and commerciality of organisations who apply.
Tenders may be submitted for one or more lots which are as follows:
Lot No: 1
Lot title: Leadership Job Family
Roles within this family lead and manage the organisation and are likely to develop and plan business policy, strategies and operational plans; to meet political and business requirements.
Lot No: 2
Lot title: Care and Support Job Family (C&S) including Bail Accommodation and Support Service (BASS)
Roles within this family improve outcomes and effect change for clients, which include improving outcomes through supporting and assisting the well-being of vulnerable client groups.
C&S support almost 30,000 clients each year through over 500 supported housing, justice and health services. C&S are one of the largest suppliers of Care and Support services in the UK, owning 4,600 bed-spaces and managing an additional 1,900 for its clients. With additional floating support services, Home Group support around 10,000 clients at any one time. C&S house over 1,800 people through Home Prime (services for older people) and provide 3,300 people with a safe and secure place to live while on bail through our Bail Accommodation Support Services (BASS).
BASS is a provider of short term accommodation in single sex, shared and self-contained houses/flats across the country for clients who are:
- Remanded in custody
- Serving a custodial sentence and eligible for Home Detention Curfew, or
- Appearing in court from the community and likely to be remanded in custody for a reason which could be mitigated by the provision of suitable accommodation.
BASS also provide a support only service for a smaller number of clients who have their own suitable accommodation
Lot No: 3
Lot title: Customer Services Job Family (CS)
Roles within this family develop and harness relationships with local communities and support the development and influencing of local plans and strategies, including managing networks and network groups. CS covers general needs housing and market rented housing (through Live Smart @ Home Limited). The general needs business is structured regionally as follows:
- North including Scotland (Home in Scotland Limited)
CS is responsible for the management of over 38,000 homes and has over 1,300 staff.
Lot No: 4
Lot title: Professional Services Job Family including Admin and Professional Assistants Job Family
Home Group’s professional services functions are the 8 central departments that work to support front line colleagues to be able to deliver on its customer and client promises. These areas ensure that Home Group complies with legislation, manages its money and technology and keeps colleagues, customers and clients safe and informed. The 8 functions are:
- Business Assurance
- Human Resources and Development
- Information Systems
- Legal Services
- Quality Improvement
- Strategy and Communications.
Roles within the Admin and Professional Assistants Job Family deliver administrative support and professional assistance to Home Group by processing transactions via established procedures and processes, including diary management, planning and coordination.
Lot No: 5
Lot title: Property, Facilities and Enterprise and Development Job Family including Sales Job Family
Roles within this family provide a range of property and building services: directly or by managing, organising and deploying skilled and semiskilled contractors. They also provide a maintenance service and provide project management and implementation for development projects and tender contract negotiations.
Enterprise and Development is split between 4 teams:
- The development team lead the delivery of all development projects using funding from the Homes and Communities Agency’s National Affordable Homes Programme and Housing Scotland in partnership with local authorities. The team are responsible for identifying sites and managing projects ranging in size from single houses up to 100 homes.
- The major projects and new ventures teams facilitate and oversee the development of large scale residential developments, often in partnership with private developer partners looking at mixed tenure projects in excess of 100 homes, which are then delivered through joint venture arrangements. Recent projects include Gateshead BiG, Rayners Lane and SWaN.
- Work across mixed tenures is supported by the national sales team who manage the sale of Home Buy direct, outright and shared ownership sales and provide advice in relation to future opportunities.
- The asset management team are responsible for the Investment Programme, ensuring properties reach the Decent Homes Standard as well as looking after commercial assets.
In addition roles within the Sales Job Family provide specialist sales skills to support the growth of Home Group. This will include identifying customer needs, sales negotiations, advice, closing sales and after sales support.
Deadline: 5pm, 7th May 2013
Contract Duration: 4 years
Contract Value: Not Provided
Click HERE to access the Home Group Electronic Tender Portal where you will need to register and will then be able to obtain specifications and additional documents.
Other contact details for this procurement are:
Home Group Procurement
2 Gosforth Park Way
Gosforth Business Park
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 290 7641