This social media policy template has been written with recruitment agencies in mind, but with a few minor amendments will suit many office environments.
It is designed to provide rules and principles by which staff should abide. It covers use of social media, the internet and email both in and out of the workplace, irrespective of whether it is the company’s IT facilities or the employee’s own equipment that is being used. The policy specifically looks at:
- Preventing use of social media from adversly impacting job performance.
- Ensuring use of social media does not breach client or candidate confidentiality, intellectual property rights or legislation. This includes equality, diversity, bullying, harassment, data protection, privacy, copyright etc.
- Providing clear guidance and rules on the “dos” and “don’ts” when using social media.
- Protecting the company’s brand and reputation.
- Managing ownership of contacts held in social networks.
- Effective use of email (including both company and personal email addresses).
- Personal use of social media, the internet and email during the working day.
- The company’s rights to monitor electronic communications and use of social media.
Length of Document: 7 pages
Last Reviewed / Updated: 27.09.16
If you need any further information on this subject, please contact us on 01688 400319 or email email@example.com£95.00