This criminal record and barring checking procedure is fully compliant with legislation, regulation and NHS Employers Standards and is designed to prevent unsuitable people from entering employment through your recruitment agency and gaining access to vulnerable people in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland. It covers the varying levels of Disclosure and Barring Checks (DBS) previously known as CRB checks including standard, enhance and enhanced with barring checks and the nature of employment that each of these is relevant to.
The criminal record and barring checking or DBS procedure also covers:
- The process for conducting a DBS check.
- Portability and the rules around this.
- The DBS update service.
- Dealing with overseas applicants.
- The process for handling positive disclosures.
- Handling and managing criminal record and barring information.
- The process for making a referral to the DBS.
- Compliance and audit process.
The process for Scotland compliant with the Protection Vulnerable Groups legislation or PVG Scheme and this is also covered and includes:
- The process for conducting a criminal record and barring check in Scotland.
- The process for making a referral to Disclosure Scotland.
Length of document: 9 pages
Last reviewed / updated: 10.09.18
If you need more information on criminal records and barring procedures / DBS, NHS Employers Standards or compliance processes and procedures for NHS tenders, please contact us on 01688 400319 or email email@example.com£95.00