The awarding authority invites suitably qualified organisations to apply to be placed on the Council’s List of Approved Contractors of Domiciliary Care, including Housing with Support in Worcestershire.
Being placed on the List of Approved Providers will:
- Give organisations the opportunity to apply for packages of domiciliary care for older people, people with physical disabilities, people with learning disabilities, and people with mental health problems.
- Give organisations the opportunity to apply for packages of domiciliary care for children.
- Give organisations the opportunity to apply to provide Housing with Support services for individuals and groups.
- Enable organisations to have Onsite Provider status in an Extra Care Scheme.
- Enable organisations, to have Onsite Provider status within a particular property/complex for people with learning disabilities.
All providers, whether or not they currently hold a contract to provide domiciliary care with the Council, who wish to bid to provide new domiciliary care or Housing with Support services on behalf of the Council from 13 May 2014 must submit an application and be successful in applying to be placed on the List of Approved Providers. Existing services are unaffected by the new arrangements.
Estimated Contract Value: Not Provided
Contract Duration: 35 Months
Anticipated Start Date: 13th May 2014
Submission Deadline: 4.00pm, 3rd February 2014
Awarding Authority: Worcestershire County Council, County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester WR5 2NP. (Martine Bishop).
Click HERE for further information and documentation.
To Submit an Application
Please complete and return the Application Pack in accordance with the completion guidance at the start of the Questionnaire.
Any questions relating to this Application Pack should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Friday 10th January 2014.
An open meeting for prospective Applicants will be held between 1pm and 2pm on Monday 13 January 2014 in the Council Chamber, County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester, WR5 2NP. Please note that parking is limited on the site. Please E mail Gayle Phillips at email@example.com if you intend attending the meeting. At this meeting Council Officers will give a verbal response to all questions that have been submitted and to any questions raised at the meeting. Although questions will be accepted on the day, it would be helpful to have received questions in writing beforehand to ensure that the Officers are able to give a full response.
Applications will only be accepted from organisations who:
- Are appropriately registered with the Care Quality Commission to provide personal care in a community setting, or will be registered by the date the Council notifies applicants of the outcome of the application process.
- Have been inspected by the CQC and are currently compliant with all CQC outcomes or have been identified as having minor concerns, or have currently been identified as having medium concerns but supply the Council with an action plan which the Council believes demonstrates that the concerns have been addressed or have not yet been inspected by the CQC. Organisations who have been identified as having major concerns may not apply.
- Will manage the service from an office base in Worcestershire or from a base which the Council deems close enough to the Worcestershire borders to be able to manage services safely and efficiently, or will manage the service from an office base further away and can evidence robust processes for managing data and staff.