Performance and outcomes focused, Fiona is the owner of Brunton Bid Writing and a specialist in providing customised recruitment bid and tender writing services. She has over 25 years’ operational and business development experience in the recruitment sector with specific responsibility for winning new business through constructing successful proposals, PQQs/SQs, bids, tenders and presentations. Specific experience includes:
- 15 years running the Brunton Bid Writing Team with the aim of helping smaller recruitment agencies to compete with the “big boys”.
- Service Provider to The Employment Agents Movement (TEAM) and the Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCo) and winner of APSCo’s Recruitment Service Provider of the Year.
- Extensive track record of winning new business at all levels from operational to executive, temporary, contract and permanent in the public, private and third sectors with a win rate of over 80% across all tenders and just under 100% on the NHS frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience of developing company policies and tender text templates required for successful tendering.
- Strong track record of delivering bid writing training (open courses through APSCo and online training in partnership with Recruiting Gym).
- Leader of the Brunton Bid Writing team.
With 22 years’ recruitment experience working for niche, national and multi-national agencies, Carl provides specialist bid and tender writing services to the recruitment sector. He’s a key member of the Brunton Bid Writing Team and has won bids ranging from single placements to contracts worth hundreds of millions of pounds and has a particularly enviable track record within the healthcare, social care and public sector domain.
Carl has hands on experience within recruitment at Consultant and Management levels and this enables him to understand how agencies operate – something which is vital when writing compelling tenders that go on to be both deliverable and profitable.
Carl has managed and won numerous large-scale contracts for clients across the UK and Ireland; covering a range of delivery models from onsite managed services, through to preferred supplier lists and frameworks. Business wins include:
- Health and social care frameworks including MOD, CPP/LPP, Department of Health, Crown Commercial Service, HealthTrust Europe and ESPO
- Central Government contracts including HMRC and Department for Education
- Local Authorities contracts such as Milton Keynes Council, Wolverhampton Council and East Surrey & Sussex Council (in multiple sectors)
- Managed service contracts including Transport for London, ESPO Temporary AgencyResource, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Ministry of Defence, Gloucester Hospitals, Southern Universities Purchasing Consortium and Association of Greater Manchester Authorities
- Other large organisations including Procurement for Housing, Dublin Airport, Gatwick Airport, Marks & Spencer and Lyons Davidson
Carl’s business, Bids & Tenders Consultancy, is a strategic partner to Brunton Bid Writing.
The first addition to the Brunton Bid Writing Team, Catherine has over 20 years’ experience in the recruitment industry, 16 of which have been at senior management level. She has extensive experience in public and private sector tendering with specialist knowledge of NHS procurement processes. Since joining Brunton Bid Writing, Catherine has maintained an exceptional track record of business wins (with values of £200k – £20m!) for agency clients of all sizes with organisations including purchasing consortia, NHS frameworks, Local Authorities, Central Government and private sector businesses.
Her previous experience includes 8 years at senior management level in a sales and operational capacity with a large national multi-sector recruitment agency where she was responsible for completing tender documents and implementing business wins in the commercial, industrial, health and technical arenas from entry to executive level.
Monica has over 20 years’ recruitment experience gained across a wide spectrum of clients in a number of business sectors, both within an agency environment and onsite RPO. She has worked for global, national and boutique agencies and has held a number of senior roles, including, Account Director for the RBS Group (Hays’ largest client globally), National Operations Director where she managed a UK wide bid team, and Client Relationship Director for Search Consultancy in Scotland, with responsibility for all multi-divisional tenders.
Monica has managed the entire tender process for a range of clients, skillsets, locations and disciplines including Banking & Financial Services, IT, Call and Contact Centres, Construction, Energy, FMCG, Telecoms and Industrial within both the public and private sector. This has included completion of the initial PQQs and SQs through to formal invitation to tender, then delivering final stage client presentations, so she has a deep understanding of the procurement process and key deliverables.
An experienced stakeholder manager, Monica’s approach is methodical, detailed and collaborative; she takes real pride in her work and ensures her clients receive an exceptional service that delivers results.
Philip has over 20 years’ recruitment experience working for large, small and niche agencies and has gained a wide range of skills and experience providing recruitment services to both the public and private sector organisations including Government, NHS, IT, utility and financial services. For the last 10 years he has provided specialist bid, proposal and tender writing services creating solutions encompassing Managed Services, Preferred Supplier, Framework, Component, and Hybrid services for contract, permanent and executive search requirements. Business wins include multiple frameworks run by Crown Commercial Service and HTE, many Local Authoritie, Financial Reporting Council, various charities and private sector organisations (including Post Office, Equity Insurance, Sainsbury’s, Bank of America, RSA and Northumbrian Water).