Provision of personnel including temporary staff for parking enforcement services. The Council is introducing a new operating model for parking services, which will focus on how the kerbside is managed. To facilitate this, the Council is seeking to procure a service provider to provide Traffic Marshals whose role will be to help residents, workers, businesses and visitors park compliantly. Coupled with the implementation of new technology being procured under a separate tender, Traffic Marshals will provide information on where parking spaces are available, and seek to ensure the highest possible compliant occupancy. The Traffic Marshals will retain and exercise the powers of a Civil Enforcement Officer, and where appropriate they will be able to issue Parking Charge Notices or Fixed Penalty Notices, should this become necessary.
The Council requires a flexible pool of Traffic Marshals. This pool will fluctuate up or down within prescribed limits and notice periods as the needs of the Council require. Strategic deployment of the resource will be managed by the Council. The service provider will be responsible for ensuring that the Traffic Marshals required by the Council are available for deployment. The resource will need to be fully trained and supplied with uniforms in accordance with the Council’s requirements.
In summary the service provider will provide Traffic Marshals who shall as a minimum:
- Advise motorists on where and when they may park their vehicles.
- Direct motorists to available spaces.
- Assist members of the public generally.
- Improve bay utilisation and compliance to manage the finite amount of kerb space effectively.
- Interact with businesses and other stakeholders on an ad hoc basis.
- Carry out supplementary activities as and when required e.g. suspensions, fault reporting.
- Issue PCNs and / or Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) when appropriate.
- Take appropriate action (such as; moving vehicles on, driver education, provision of information and assistance, directing to nearest parking place, or issuing a PCN).
- Work with other Council departments and suppliers to ensure the City is clean, safe and well managed.
- Manage access to restricted areas e.g Leicester Square
- Assist at special or one off events.
- Perform other related activities within the capabilities of the marshalling resource.
Contract Duration: 4 years but can be extended by a further 2 years (total 6 years)
Estimated Value: £23m – £39.2m over 6 years
Deadline: 5pm, 27th June 2013
Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender:
- Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once) – Browse to the eSourcing Portal – Click the “Click here to register” link – Accept the terms and conditions and click “continue” – Enter your correct business and user details – Note the username you chose and click “Save” when complete – You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure)
- Express an Interest in the tender – Login to the portal with the username/password – Click the “PQQs Open to All Suppliers” link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires open to any registered supplier) – Click on the relevant PQQ to access the content. – Click the “Express Interest” button in the “Actions” box on the left-hand side of the page. – This will move the PQQ into your “My PQQs” page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) – Click on the PQQ code, you can now access any attachments by clicking the “Settings and Buyer Attachments” in the “Actions” box
- Responding to the tender – You can now choose to “Reply” or “Reject” (please give a reason if rejecting) – You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification – Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ – There may be a mixture of online & offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available).
If you require any further assistance please consult the Bravo online help, or contact the eSourcing helpdesk on phone: 0800 368 4850 or (outside UK): +442033496601.
Click HERE to register and access further information via the pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ).