The roles required are as follows and the successful supplier must be able to provide all of these skill-sets with experience in the aerospace and/or nuclear industry. At least two thirds of the requirement is for specialist engineering roles.
- Value Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineering Programme Managers
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Purchasing Specialists
- Administration Support Roles (SiG only) including Training and Contract Administrators and Finance analysts
Framework agreement with a single operator for the Sharing In Growth Programmes. This is a large contract and the tenderer will need to demonstrate a turnover of £40m per annum for the last 2 financial years in order to show they have sufficient financial capacity to provide the service. Other qualifying criteria include the ability to demonstrate evidence of a sufficient volume of comparable placements in the last 2 years as follows:
- Value Engineers – at least 20 FTEs (Full Time equivalents) in each of the last 2 years
- Manufacturing Engineering Programme Managers – at least 10 FTEs in each of the last 2 years
- Manufacturing Engineers – at least 11 FTEs in each of the last 2 years
- Purchasing Specialists – at least 15 FTEs in each of the last 2 years
- Administration Support Roles including Training and Contract Administrators and Finance analysts – at least 4 FTEs in each of the last 2 years
Two programmes are proposed, one to address aerospace and the other to focus on the nuclear supply chain. With substantial funding from the Regional Growth Fund, the aerospace programme will be lead by Sharing in Growth UK Ltd in Derby and nuclear lead by the Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Centre (The University of Sheffield) in Rotherham, both supported by Rolls-Royce. The programmes will provide concentrated training and development tailored to the assessed needs of each supplier and targeted at world class standards of performance.
Locations Sheffield, Rotherham, Derby and throughout the UK.
Deadline: 12 noon, 20th March 2013
Contract Value: 56 Months.
Value: £15m – £20m over the duration of the contract.
Click HERE for find out more and view the full contract notice.