Supplying the NHS with agency workers or international recruitment services isn’t straightforward.
This document is designed to provide advice and guidance information for new recruitment agencies who wish to supply the NHS with medical locums & GPs, nurses, allied health professionals, social care, health sciences and non-medical/non-clinical workers.
It also includes 18 essential policy and procedural templates that are compliant with NHS Employers Standards and are required for agencies to meet the audit critieria of all of the frameworks.
Specifically the document includes:
- An explanation of all the frameworks for agency workers, together with their expiry dates and and how they operate. To supply the NHS, you must be an approved supplier (or subcontractor to an approved supplier) on at least one of the frameworks.
- Mini-competitions and further competitions.
- Options for off-framework recruitment agencies (subcontracting and resourcing models).
- NHS compliance requirements, accreditations and insurances you will need, including templates for the key policies and procedures that you must have to be awarded and retain a place on one/all of the frameworks for agency workers. These include:
- Verification of ID Check Template
- Right to Work in the UK Check Template
- Professional Registration & Qualifications Check Template
- Employment History & Reference Check Template
- Criminal Record & Barring Check Template
- Work Health Assessment Check Template
- Quality Assurance System Template
- Appraisal & Revalidation Check Procedure Template
- Candidate Handbook Template
- Health & Safety Policy Template
- Equality & Diversity Policy Template
- Business Continuity Policy Template
- Complaints Procedure Template
- Safeguarding Adults Policy Template
- Safeguarding Children Policy Template
- Verification of Accurate Charging, Invoicing & Timesheet Processing Procedure Template
- Verification of Readily Accessible Records & Data Protection Policy Template
- Statutory & Mandatory Training Procedures Template
- Details of the recruitment process that you must follow to comply with the requirements of the NHS frameworks and NHS Employers.
- Statutory and mandatory training and refreshers for workers in all disciplines.
- Pricing mechanisms, price caps, break glass and the NHS’s stance on IR35 and personal service companies.
- International permanent recruitment / overseas permanent recruitment and methods for agencies to supply off-framework in this area.
- Compliance requirements for provision of international recruitment services including shortage occupations, tier visa status, equivalency with UK regulatory bodies, ethical recruitment, in country partners and pastoral support (all of which are critical if you’re going to supply permanent international recruitment services to the NHS).
Document length: 184 pages
Last updated: 11.05.17
If you need further information of support regarding supplying the NHS, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01388 400319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: an abridged version of this Supplying the NHS document which does not include the policy and procedural templates is also available at Brunton Bid Writing for just £300.00 + vat.£1,650.00