This criminal record and barring checking procedure is fully compliant with NHS Employers Standards and is designed to prevent unsuitable people from entering employment through your recruitment agency and gaining access to vulnerable people. It covers the varying levels of Disclosure Barring Checks (DBS) previously known asd CRB checks including standard, enhance and enhanced with barring checks and the nature of employment that each of these is relevant to.
The criminal record and barring checking or DBS procedure also covers:
- The process for conducting a DBS check.
- Portability and the rules around this.
- The DBS update service.
- Dealing with overseas applicants.
- The process for handling positive disclosures.
- Handling and managing criminal record and barring information.
- The process for making a referral to the DBS.
- Compliance and audit process.
Length of document: 5 pages
Last reviewed / updated: 28.10.16
If you need more information on criminal records and barring procedures / DBS, NHS Employers Standards or compliance processes and procedures for NHS tenders, please contact us on 01688 400319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We also offer a full package of policies and procedures that are compliant with NHS Employers Standards to support a wide range of NHS Frameworks (including HTE, CPP and CCS): http://www.bruntonbidwriting.co.uk/downloads/nhs-employers-standards-policies/