Performance and outcomes focused, Fiona is a specialist in providing customised recruitment tender writing services. She has over 20 year’s operational and business development experience in the recruitment sector with specific responsibility for winning new business through constructing successful proposals, PQQs, bids, tenders and presentations and participating in e-auctions. Specific experience includes:
- 12 years running the Brunton Bid Writing Team with the aim of helping smaller recruitment agencies to compete with the “big boys”.
- Service Provider to The Employment Agents Movement (TEAM) and the Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCo) and winner of APSCo’s Recruitment Service Provider of the Year.
- Extensive track record of winning new business at all levels from operational to executive, temporary, contract and permanent in the public, private and third sectors with a win rate of close to 80% across all tenders and just under 100% on the NHS frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience of developing company policies and tender text templates required for successful tendering.
- Strong track record of delivering customised tender writing training and workshops.
- Leader of the Brunton Bid Writing team.
With 20 years recruitment experience working for niche, national and multi-national agencies, Carl provides specialist bid and tender writing services to the recruitment sector. He’s a key member of the Brunton Bid Writing Team and has won bids ranging from single placements to contracts worth hundreds of millions of pounds and has a particularly enviable track record within the healthcare, social care and public sector domain.
Carl has hands on experience within recruitment at Consultant and Management levels and this enables him to understand how agencies operate – something which is vital when writing compelling tenders that go on to be both deliverable and profitable.
Carl has managed and won numerous large-scale contracts for clients across the UK and Ireland; covering a range of delivery models from on-site managed services, through to preferred supplier lists and frameworks. Business wins include:
- Health and social care frameworks including MOD, CPP/LPP, Department of Health, Crown Commercial Service, HealthTrust Europe and ESPO
- Central Government contracts including HMRC and Department for Education
- Local Authorities contracts such as Milton Keynes Council, Wolverhampton Council and East Surrey & Sussex Council (in multiple sectors)
- Managed service contracts including Transport for London, ESPO Temporary AgencyResource, Foreign & commonwealth Office, Ministry of Defence, Gloucester Hospitals, Southern Universities Purchasing Consortium and Association of Greater Manchester Authorities
- Other large organisations including Procurement for Housing, Dublin Airport, Gatwick Airport, Marks & Spencer and Lyons Davidson
Carl’s business, Bids & Tenders Consultancy, is a strategic partner to Brunton Bid Writing.
The first addition to the Brunton Bid Writing Team, Catherine has over 18 years experience in the recruitment industry, 14 of which have been at senior management level. She has extensive experience in public and private sector tendering with specialist knowledge of NHS procurement processes. Since joining Brunton Bid Writing, Catherine has maintained an exceptional track record of business wins (with values of £200k – £20m!) for agency clients of all sizes with organisations including purchasing consortia, NHS frameworks, Local Authorities, Central Government and private sector businesses.
Her previous experience includes 8 years at senior management level in a sales and operational capacity with a large national multi-sector recruitment agency where she was responsible for completing tender documents and implementing business wins in the commercial, industrial, health and technical arenas from entry to executive level.
Marc is a qualified procurement professional with over 25 years’ experience as a Buyer and Head of Procurement in Regional Health Authorities and Hospitals. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply and now runs his own freelance consultancy specialising providing procurement advice to public and private sector businesses with particularly emphasis on the health & NHS sectors. Marc also has considerable experience in tender writing training and is able to add the extra dimension of knowing what makes the buyer tick (and what makes them fume!).
In his time with Brunton Bid Writing, Marc has delivered:
- Specialist training
- Advice and guidance to clients wishing to challenge tender award decisions (and the decision not to award!)
Marc’s approach is highly practical, and provides clients with clear, simple to follow steps to improving their tenders, avoiding common mistakes and understanding what the buyer really wants. He is also MBA qualified and is a qualified teacher with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education.